duminică, 26 august 2012

The hidden power of smiling (TED Talks)

I grew up hearing, every time I frowned: “A smile doesn’t cost you anything, but it is worth a fortune!”. “A smile doesn’t cost you anything, but it is worth a fortune!”. “A smile doesn’t cost you anything, but it is worth a fortune!”! Again and again and again!…

This is how I was raised. And my grandmother had another “word of wisdom” on this subject, one that I kept hearing and hearing, everytime I walked around with a long face, just in case the the first one didn’t work: “Never cloud others’ clear sky with your own dark clouds!”!

But it worked! The nagging actually worked. I hear those words inside of me everytime I forget I shouldn’t even hear them: it should be an attitude towards life and a form of respect for every moment of life itself and, thus, for myself.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu